Thursday, November 9, 2017

Come On In! Fall 2017 ORC -The Entryway

This should be "reveal day" but thank goodness it isn't. 
(I'm sorry for the reasons for the extension.)
After being lulled into a false sense of being in control thanks to the extra week this go 'round, I allowed my attention to be diverted from the ORC by, you know, life.
#notonthelist

I said on instagram last week that I am participating in the One Room Indecision.
I have been to the fabric store a bit more than I should have. 
#epicindecision
I even went on a Sunday only to find out that they are closed on Sunday. 
I dragged Mollie up there. Twice.

Fabric and Fringe Warehouse, Marietta GA

Anyway. I finally bought something.
I was happy with it (for the most part.)
 Great fabric, just uncharacteristic indecision on my part.

(Its more coral than red in real life)

Then I mentioned to my Dad that I was looking for a rug 
and he loaned me one of my mom's rugs that was being stored in their basement :)

The rug wasn't "awful" with the fabric above but it wasn't head over heels "love" on my part. 
So back to the fabric store I went.
 Because I loved the rug. 
And Mollie loved the fabric I had already bought so she took it to use and I no longer felt the guilt of not using it. It would have been OK. Just not "love" on my part.
(Believe me - I know these are #firstworldprobs)

And then I saw it. From afar. And the colors were perfect.
So I bought fabric AGAIN. After dragging Mollie up there again.
Wait until you see it!!!!

And then I negotiated, in a way that would make some of the major players at international summits at the United Nations  watch in awe, with my husband to NOT put the dreaded, dust collecting rack of hats back in the entryway that is soon to be home
 to a fabulous rug and fabric that I am actually committed to!!


No more hall tree of hats. 
Just a lovely bamboo shelf that will hold all kinds of fabulous eye candy. 
And a plant. Definitely a plant.

So here are a couple of little peeks at my progress
 and the vintage family heirloom rug that is on loan from my dad :)


Starting to put a few accessories here and there in the room...

And the rug. I just love it!
(And yes, we got stain on the bottom of the door. We are playing rounds of the "touch up" game over here. 
Touch up trim. Touch up floor. Touch up trim...)



I also took time out of the ORC schedule to go to the Atlanta Lights Festival with Mollie. 
She got tickets for her birthday in September. 
The weather was perfect and it was an amazing experience. I highly recommend it!




Of course, I am now, once again, scrambling to finish by next week because there has been a change on several major points with the introduction of the new fabric choice. 
#imsuremostofyouhaveclickedtothenextblog

And in case someone, anyone, is still reading:

So here's "the list:"

1. Stain the floor (stained - now watching poly dry )
2. Continue looking for  rug. (I may be on to something)
3. Add fabric border to the bottom of the curtains- Fabric purchased. Again.
4. Pillows for Brighton chairs.
5. Paint hall tree :)))))) It's outta here!!!!
6. Paint back of front door - something fun that works with fabric and rug which is TBD :(
7. Decide on accessories for the chest - they are in front of the mirror.
8. Decide on accessories for Brighton table 
9. I want a plant in there somewhere... 
10. And I completely forgot that I planned a gallery wall above the Brighton chair and table. :0

See you next Thursday. 
#fingerscrossed


Be sure to check out all the other Guest Participants progress!!

10 comments:

  1. It is looking amazing Marcie! I can see why you love the rug--it is gorgeous! You are so close to being done--good job. Can't wait for the final reveal next week! xo, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cute post made me laugh out loud! Your entryway is going to be just darling! I'm still waiting on fabric to arrive, so I'm right there with you :) xo, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think I must still be goofy from last weeks strong fumes (or that's what I'm going with!!) I hope your fabric comes in!! Good luck! I'll be sure to come see your reveal!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. It is gorgeous in real life. But come back next week = there's been a "development" in the fabric situation :)

      Delete